Work-At Height Course for Supervisors
WSH (Work at Heights) Regulations 2013 stipulates that: “It shall be the duty of the responsible person to ensure that no person shall work at height in a workplace unless he has received adequate training on work at height.”
12 hours (inc. 3 hours of assessment) / 1.5 days / 4 nights
Medium of Instruction
English and Mandarin
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
1-5 pax : $ 267.50
6pax & above : $ 246.10
By the end of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Identify the various Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislations / codes of practice / approved codes of practice / Singapore standards applicable to WAH
- Conduct risk assessment on safety & health hazards and implement preventive measures related to working at height
- Identify, use and care for the various fall arrest systems and equipment
- Implement a Fall Protection Plan
This WSH training course would be appropriate for line supervisors, foremen and those in charge of workers who are required to perform or supervise work-at-height activities.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Recommended for the trainee to achieve WSQ ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Workplace WSH Act, WAH & RM regulations, Codes of Practice, ACOP and Singapore Standards
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment and hazard identification and control measures for WAH
- Fall Control Measures
- Permit-To-Work (PTW) for WAH
- Fall Prevention Plan (FPP) &its components, including emergency response for WAH
- Individual Fall Protection equipment and First line Response in emergency
- 10 Short answer questions + 2 Scenario based questions (2 hours)
- Practical (1 hours)
Skills Development Fund (SDF) (Fee Type: Full Fee)
Participants who are Singaporean or Singapore PR and sponsored by company are eligible for SDF Fundings. To be eligible for the SDF funding, companies are required to enroll their trainees through the SkillsConnect System.
For assistance, please call WDA at 68835885 or log-on to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more information.
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- 100% Attendance are required. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
- The Assessment Passing Rate is 65%.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate of Achievement endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.
Note: This course does not replace other industry / trade specific safety training requirements.