Suspended Scaffold Riggers Course
Under The WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations 2011:
- “No scaffold (including “gondola”) shall be erected, installed, re-positioned, altered or dismantled except by an approved scaffold contractor”
- “An approved scaffold contractor shall employ or engage only scaffold supervisors, scaffold erectors and suspended scaffold (“gondola”) riggers who have undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
- “Every suspended scaffold (“gondola”) shall be erected, installed, re-positioned, altered or dismantled by a suspended scaffold (“gondola”) rigger who has undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
24 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 3 days
Medium of Instruction
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
1-5 pax : $ 342.40
6pax & above : $ 321.00
By the end of the course, participants would be equipped with the knowledge and skills to erect, install, re-position, alter, dismantle a suspended scaffold (gondola) rigger.
This course is specially designed for personnel who wish to be trained and employed as Gondola riggers by an approved scaffold contractor to erect, install, re-position, alter or dismantle Gondola. Any Workers in construction related industry.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Able to understand and communicate in language of instruction
- Introduction to Legal Requirements
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Safe Rigging of Suspended Scaffolds
- Interpretation of Design Drawings
- Accident Case Studies
- Understanding standard components and parts of suspended scaffold including different outriggers and anchorages
- Pre-start check of equipment and gears, start-up procedures, shut- down procedures and emergency procedures
- Practise rigging, termination of wire ropes and installation of suspended scaffold
- Visual check of suspended scaffold, braking system, safety devices, anchorage points, wire ropes and related details
- Trouble-shooting of winch/climbing mechanism
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (body harness) and life line
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- Written Assessment 25 MCQ – 60%
- Practical Assessment -100%
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 100% attendance. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.