SUSPENDED SCAFFOLD (Gondola) –Multi-Skill SEC(K)
From 1 January 2017, all construction firms must have at least 10% of their work permit holders (WPHs) to be qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers. Construction personnel registered under the Multi-skilling Scheme are qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers under the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s Foreign Worker Levy Scheme. This Multi-skilling Scheme is under Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU) Scheme and firms may apply to the Scheme for funding support by BCA.
17 hrs / 3 days (including 5 hours Test)
Medium of Instruction
Written Test Paper:
6 pax (Maximum)
61 Senoko Drive
Training Fee (per pax):
$400+$28 (7% GST) = $428.00
Test Fee (per pax):
$640+$44.80 (7% GST) = $684.80
Training + Test Fee (per pax):
$1,040+$72.80 (7% GST) = $1,112.80
From the courses under the Scheme, employers will have greater flexibility in deploying multi-skilled workers on-site, hence reducing the downtime and improving their productivity.
For experienced workers, who are competent in multiple construction trades to carry out more than one type of work tasks on-site. And who wish to upgrade to “Higher Skilled” R1 construction workers through Multi-skilling Scheme. This course is designed for candidates who intend to qualify to be a Multi-Skilled worker.
- Minimum of 4 years of construction experience in Singapore; and 2 acceptable certifications.
- For First certification:
Any SEC or SEC(K) certifications; or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) certification, for Malaysian WPH
- OR Second certification:
Any SEC(K) trade certification in a different trade from the first certification
- Either one of the certificate accredited by MOM LSP course: Suspended Scaffold Riggers Course (SSRC) OR Suspended Scaffold Supervisors Course (SUSSC)
- Meet Continuing Education & Training (CET) requirements (for Renewal).
- Introduction to Suspended Scaffolds (Gondola)
- Suspended Scaffolds
- Terminology & Methodology
- Inspection & Maintenance
- Legal Requirements
- Workplace Safety & Health (Risk Management)
- Construction Productivity (Building & Construction Authority)
- Pre-operation and Safety Check
- Cradle Body Assembly / Positioning of Gondola
- Gondola Installation
- Startup/Test Run
- Dismantling of Gondola
- Rigger’s Role – Assistant
- Safety, Work Habits & Attitude
- Assembly of the Counter- Weight System
Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU)
The WTU Scheme co-funds up to
90% or $936 (for locals) and up to
80% or $832 (for foreigners) the costs of selected skills assessment and training courses related to construction productivity.
- Written Test – Passed
- Practical Test – Passed
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 75% Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Result Slip endorsed by BCA will be issued to all participants.