Supervision of Metal Scaffold Erection Course
Under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) 2006 Act, all persons who perform metal scaffold erection in the building and construction industry must take the metal scaffold erector course and be certified to ensure safety on the job.
Under the WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations:
“The scaffold supervisor shall be a person who has undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
– Regulation 6(1).
75 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 10 days / 17 nights
Medium of Instruction
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
1-5 pax : $ 856.00
6pax & above : $ 802.50
By the end of the course, participants will be competently trained with necessary knowledge and skills to supervise scaffold erection and dismantling different types of commonly used metal scaffold in the construction and related industry
This course is designed for all workers involved in supervising scaffold erection and dismantling work activities in construction and other industries.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Successfully completed the Metal Scaffold Erection Course. Proof of entry requirement includes the submission of Certificate of Successful Completion.
- Type of scaffold systems and their characteristics
- Criteria for selection of scaffolds
- Terminology used in scaffolds as well as its components and materials
- Tools, equipment and personal protective equipment used in scaffold activities
- Material requirement for scaffolds
- Work platform requirement for scaffolds
- Independent tied scaffolds
- Frame scaffold – Characteristics and material requirement
- Material estimation
- Hazards identification
- Birdcage scaffold – Characteristics and types
- Requirement of ties and brace
- Tower scaffold – Characteristics and types
- Modular scaffold and the systems
- Suspended scaffold and its characteristics
- Special scaffold and its types
- Overview of WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations for scaffold activities
- Relevant case studies on scaffold incidents
- Types of commonly used checklists
- Essential information for the scaffold register
- Factors affecting safety of scaffold structure
Erection, inspection and dismantling of the following scaffold in line with safe work procedures, general principles and requirements of WSH(Scaffold) Regulations and CP 14:-
- Frame scaffold
- Birdcage scaffold
- Tower scaffold
- Modular scaffold, including cup lock system scaffold
- Suspended scaffold
- Special scaffold
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- Written Assessment Section A – 30 MCQ Section B – 5 Fill in the Blanks, 3 Short/Long Questions Overall: 65%
- Practical Assessment 100%
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 100% attendance. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.